The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) just announced the taxpayers to renew their expiring Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITINs) quickly in 2019 to avoid refund delay next year. The submission of new Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers can be submitted as soon as possible to avoid the expiry and subsequent delay in tax refunds. A complete ITIN renewal application can be submitted to the IRS by contacting us as we provide complete list of personal & individual tax preparation services in United States. For IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, Form W-7 new ITIN application is available on IRS website. Do not forget to attach the basic requirements including your ID, residency documents, etc as any failure to include the required documents with application can delay your renewal procedure of Individual Taxpayer Identification Number that will be preceded once the IRS receives your documents. Nearly 2 million of Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers are getting expired in 2019 that need to be renewed as quickly as possible so the taxpayer do not face any postponement in tax refunds in the coming year 2020.
Which ITIN Are Expiring In 2019?
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) is a tax ID number that is issued to a taxpayer who is qualified for tax filing or payment obligations under U.S. law but does not get qualified for the issuance of Social Security number in USA.
- At the end of 2019, an ITIN with the middle 83, 84, 85, 86 or 87 (For example: 9NN-83-NNNN) will get expired as per Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act.
- Furthermore, those ITINs that have not been used on a tax return in the previous three years will also get expired.
- For our readers assistance, Black Ink likes to remind that those ITINs that have the middle digits from 70 through 82 can also be renewed that expired in the years of 2016, 2017 or 2018.
- If you are an affected taxpayer with the soon expiring ITIN and expect to file a tax return in 2020, you need to submit an ITIN renewal application as soon as possible during the current year of 2019.
How to Renew ITIN in USA?
- To renew your Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) in any state of the United States, you can ask for the assistance of our professional expert by booking an appointment with us.
- If you want to renew your ITIN number by yourself, you need to complete and file a Form W-7 with the submission of all required documents. You can go through Form W-7 instructions (PDF) for other FAQs and detailed information for this purpose.
- Taxpayers are not required to attach a federal tax return with the submission of Form W7 for the renewal of ITIN.
- If the spouses and dependents are residing outside the United States and need to file an individual tax return in USA, they only need to renew their ITIN or if they are qualified for an allowable tax benefit (e.g., a dependent father/mother who qualifies the primary taxpayer to declare head of household filing condition).
- In such cases, the Form W-7 renewal application requires a federal return to be attached with it. To submit the Form W-7 to the IRS, complete the form, attach the original identification documents or copies certified by the agency that issued them and mail the form to the specific IRS address listed on the Form W-7 instructions file that we mentioned earlier in the post. The IRS takes a total period of 60 days for the review of your documents and returns them within the mentioned duration.
Black Ink Can Help With Your U.S. ITIN Renewal:
Make an initial free inquiry with Black Ink experienced professional team to apply for yours, your spouse, and your dependents ITIN renewal. We can offer a wide range of services to plan your taxes in the United States and do whatever you want for your ITIN submission and renewal. The advantage to get Black Ink’s expertise to apply for an ITIN in the United States is that you can keep your original documents as our in-house Certified Acceptance Agent verifies your required documents. Not only this, your Certified Acceptance Agents (CAA) at Black Ink will also submit document copies along with your application so that you can keep the supporting documents as well. Get help with ITIN application at Black Ink today before it runs out of time and your returns get delayed in 2020. If you have any more questions, you can let us know with your feedback in the comments section.